- Any sort of Bike but the 29er hardtails handle the rough roads best while loaded down.
- A custom frame bag from Hamilton Threadworks
- A Viscacha seat bag from Revelate Designs
- Sleeping Bag (I’m using a light weight 40 degree bag right now)
- Lightweight Bivy sack (I skipped this knowing the skies were clear)
- Sleeping Pad
- Long under wear top and bottom for sleeping (nice to get the clammy chamois off)
- Hat and gloves
- Thin down jacket
- Headlamp and Bearspray
- PBR and Donuts
What is the Fitz-Barn Ride?
The 2014, 3rd Annual, Fitz-Barn is an unsupported ride/race from Fitzgerald's Bicycles in Victor, Idaho to Red Barn Bicycles in Hamilton, Montana.
Approximately 450 miles of dirt and gravel roads, two track, and rail trail. The terrain is varied and beautiful and will include mountain passes, sage brush highlands and everything in between.
Ride through the heart of the Yellowstone Ecosystem and large sections of the Tour Divide Mountain Bike Route.
You are responsible for your own safety, navigation and food throughout the ride. Riders must have the ability to ride long distances without assistance while carrying their own gear and food.